I'm finally getting around to posting the pictures from Jackson's birthday party. My little hospital adventure was on Friday. Jackson's party, the following Sunday. On Thursday, my doctor told me she was scheduling me for emergency surgery on Friday -- to remove a runaway IUD. Seriously!?! I really had no idea the IUD had escaped and I felt fine, so I didn't see the urgency to have it done immediately. I asked if we could maybe wait til Monday, b/c I knew surgery would interfere w/ my party plans. No. That wasn't an option. Friday at 7am Sean and I went to Rex for the laparoscopic surgery. At first I thought we may have to postpone the party, but I knew I didn't want to do that. When I was laying in recovery, still amped up on morphine, I asked Sean if we could stop by the party store on the way home so I could pick up some plates. I guess that meant I was ready to party! And as mentioned the other day, it all worked out just fine.
The farm cake that Amy and I were planning to make didn't quite happen, but the cupcakes were perfect! Saturday afternoon I found a recipe for some Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes. Amy (and Stevie) still came over as planned to get ready for the party. Amy got busy with the KA and whipped up the cupcakes. There was a little confusion when they didn't rise when they baked, but we quickly determined that it was the cupcake ingredients, not the baker. Since these were 'cookie' cupcakes, they were a cookie density. A think, soft, gooey chocolate chip cupcake! Yummy! Amy made up a batch of green buttercream for the grass icing -- and piping it on worked out to be the perfect 'sitting job' for me. I picked up some farm stickers Thursday night after learning of my change of plans to use as cupcake toppers. I stuck on a toothpick and sprinkled the back w/ sugar, then stuck them down into the grassy cupcake. Like I said -- perfect! Add in Jackson's barn and some sunflowers and we've got us a farm party!!
Sean and Jackson went out on Saturday and picked up a bale of hay for the Hayfind game. I had (with help from a few wonderful friends) lots of candy and small toys hidden in the pile of hay. The kids each had a 'feed sack' that they used to collect all the treasures they found. (These are just a FEW of my favorite pictures from the party. Click here to see the entire album.)
Even Ryan got in on the action!
One of Emma's many cute faces from the party!
Jackson and Blake.
Hannah.
He's got something!
Emma Bear, Emma Bear, what do you see?
Ohhh, Ryan found a sucker!! I'll bet that was his first one!!
There was lots of Gator ridin' going on! We had three of them in the backyard. Ryley and Blake brought theirs over, too!
Time for Jackson's favorite part -- CAKE!! I had heard, "MyI have one?" All day.
Of course it's a mouth full of icing!
Jackson and Tate.
Now time for some presents!
I love seeing Jackson build friendships!
Check out my little farmer's sweet John Deere hat from Tricia and Jason.
Another cute Emma face. :-)
I think Tate may have thought the tractor was pretty cool, too!
Happy Birthday Little Buddy!! I can't believe you are already 3!
Seriously though, this party would have never happened had it not been for all the help. From the time we got home from the hospital Friday afternoon, Sean was doing something. Whether it was one of many CVS trips for the right prescriptions or his long honey-do list for around the house, he was busy! Amy and Stevie came up Saturday evening to help get things ready. Sunday morning Amy helped Sean finish up a ton of things around the house. She totally worked her butt off -- all while I rested on the couch. My parents came up early to help with the kids. Nana made the last grocery store run and helped w/ the cleaning. Mamma made lots of food, including the buffalo chicken dip that everyone LOVED, and brought over a few other things, like the sunflowers. Papa made an ice run for us. Ashely picked up the balloons from Party City. She and Pa-Jack shucked, cleaned and cut-up all the corn. Whew!! That was a LOT of help! Thank you all sooooo much!! I truely wouldn't have happened w/o you!! Some may consider me unlucky when they hear of my adventures, but I'm pretty sure I'm the luckiest girl in the world!! :-) I have a great family and amazing friends. Surprise surgery -- that's nothing!!
No comments:
Post a Comment