Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Pool Time!

I mentioned a couple of days ago I have a lot of catching up to do.  After the scorching, record-breaking 102 degree heat today, I thought it made sense to start w/ some pool action.  These pictures were actually taken in early June, the weekend of the WCC Member-Guest golf tourney.  (Sean and Pat had a great time, though they didn't top their pro performance of last year.)

Each time we've gotten in the pool this year Jackson has started out very cautious, but it doesn't take him long before he's ready for some fun!
As is the case with EVERYTHING these days, Kate is all about what Jackson is doing!










We are hoping to make some progress with Jackson's swimming this year.  I've heard 3 is a good age for learning the basics.  At the rate we're going with potty training (ugh), I won't be holding my breath for a little Michael Phelps by the end of the summer or anything.  Obviously, I'll be happy with any progress in the pool this summer.
He does have some pretty good form now, doesn't he?? 







This particular weekend was also big for Ryley's chompers.  No, not Ryley's sister, Chomper, but her chompers, as in her teeth!  The first tooth was lost, like really lost, when it fell out while she was outside playing.  She wrote a note to the tooth fairy though and it was cool.  Ryley still found a little loot under her pillow the next morning.  She had another loose tooth and it was hanging on by a thread tiny root.  And she couldn't risk for real losing THE tooth (or worse swallowing it!), so everybody was all about her loose tooth.  You could even see the big girl tooth creeping in!  I thought for sure I was going to be able to witness all the excitement while we were there.

Stevie did a little wiggling, Amy did a little wiggling and of course, Ryley did a little wiggling.  Wiggle wiggle wah. Wiggle wiggle wah.  (Love that badger!) 


Jackson really wasn't sure what to think of the whole losing a tooth concept.  He was even wiggling his teeth later in the day.  And his concerns reached an all-time high when he smacked his front teeth on the bathroom counter, jumping on a stool, a few days later.  He kept asking if his tooth was going to fall out.  He'd grab it and say it not loose.  It good.  However, he did take a good chip out of it.  Man, that had to hurt!
But at the end of the day, we headed home without seeing the ole toothless one with her bloody gums, proudly showing off her swag for the tooth fairy.  Bummer.

No comments: