Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Buddies

As Kate gets more and more mobile, Jackson's feelings about her are certainly evolving into those of true siblings.  I've never known of sibling rivalry myself, but from what I'm starting to see with Jackson and Kate, it's quite the volatile relationship.  Most of the time he absolutely adores her, wants to hug her, kiss her, hold her -- love her.  But once she tries to interfere with his play, well, it's on.  He pushes, snatches, yells and whines for me to get her.  She is so pitiful when he yells at her, that it's kind of cute.  She'll poke out that bottom lip and get so upset.  She is already starting to hold her own though...I think she's going to be a biter.  It may be a gummy bite right now, but it sure seems she knows what she's doing.  Even the other day when I had them in a cart at Wal-Mart, she kept antagonizing him by turning around and pulling his hair.  He was getting so frustrated with her and she wouldn't stop, so I finally just had him move out of her reach. 

Kate does love playing with Jackson and all of his toys, especially his truck.  Watching her try and climb up onto it herself is so funny.  She gets so frustrated, but doesn't give up.  When he hops on there with her to take her on a ride, I think it absolutely makes her day complete.  She LOVES it!!  She grins and laughs the whole time, like it's the best thing in the world. 






















He's also taken her on a couple of rides on the Gator.  If he's out riding and she's not on it with him, she's just a kickin' those little legs in excitement and watchin' his every move.  Since it came equipped w/ seatbelts, I can just strap her on and let them go for a ride.  As I watch them cruise along, I can't help but think of what it'll be like in 13 years, when the cruisin' involves backing out of the driveway and heading into Raleigh.  Oh the thought!






















I think this is one of my favorite pictures of the two of them together.  It makes my heart smile. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She loves the attention she gets from Jackson!! Great pictures of the two of them together!!