Monday, July 12, 2010

EI with the Merklings

These are some of my favorites pictures from the beach trip we took last month when some of Sean's family from Michigan was visiting.  This trip was the week before Jackson's birthday party and the timing just didn't work out for Sean to be able to take off from work.  I was excited for the kids to be able to spend some time with their second cousins, so the kids and I went down for the first part of the week.  Amy and Stevie were in the same situation with work as us, so it just us girls with all the kiddos.  And Mamma and Papa, of course!



Look at all the little ones -- Jacob (8), Ruthie (5), Kate (9m), Ryley (6), Jackson (~3), Emma (2).  Believe it or not, they all got along wonderfully!  There were a few tears here and there, but there was very little drama to report! 
Mindy made up some yummy peach sangria.  I'm not sure what I liked the most, the drink or all the fruit at the bottom.  I wish I would have saved the recipe.  It was such a fun, refreshing summer bevy!!
Sangria in the sunset, with a storm brewing in the distance.  Love the beach! 

Sean and Amy's cousin, Matt, came in from DC for a couple of days.  His niece and nephew were so excited to see him!
Ruthie and Damma (Sean's Aunt Kathy) found a whole sanddollar in the sand.  How cool!?  Please don't ask what ended up happening to that beautiful shell.  :-(
As anyone would be, especially a little girl, she was so proud of her treasure!
Far away cousins, but great friends!
Jackson had the best time playing w/ 'Aunt Taffy' or 'Aunt Mamma' as she was sometimes affectionately called.
Look at those biiiiiiig muscles!
Great picture, girls!
Amy, Mindy and I went out for girl's night on Tuesday.  It was half-price night at the Emerald Club.  There wasn't a live band, but we still had a great time.

Lil' Amy and Lil' Mindy.
Such a stylish little girl!
My little studmuffin!
So pretty!
Before we headed home on Wednesday, the boys did a little surf fishing.  Jackson and Papa came up empty handed, but Jacob had a little better luck. 
I didn't get a picture of his trophy before he threw it back, but he actually caught a couple of sharks.  Ewww.
Fish or no fish, Jackson still loved it! 

No comments: