Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Jackson's 3rd BirthDAY!

Since Jackson's birthday is going to fall on the day before the 4th every year, he'll probably never have a party on his 'actual' birthday.  Well, at least until he decides he's too old to have a traditional birthday party -- or until he decides he wants to have a beach party!  This year, his actual birthday was on Saturday, so since Sean was home, it made it a lot easier to celebrate with him all day.  When we came downstairs that morning, I had a couple of presents sitting on the hearth for him.  His response upon seeing them.  "Huh?  More presents?"  Does that mean he got a little spoiled?  I sure hope not.  Presents are fun!! 

It wasn't much, just a couple of random things I had squirrelled away in the attic.  This umbrella with the 'puppy dog and the hook and ladder truck' was one that he had picked out when we were shopping for shoes a while back.  He really, really wanted it that day, so he was very excited to see it.  I know, it's just an umbrella, but for some reason he has wanted one of his own for a while now. 

Daddy's special Mickey Mouse pancakes were on the menu for breakfast! 
With candles and a birthday song, of course.
 All morning long we asked Jackson what he wanted to do for his birthday.  His requests -- Target and Old McDonald's.  Seriously!  We had to do something a little more special than that, so we decided to go to Milton's Pizza & Buffet for lunch.  I've heard about it for year's, but Sean and I aren't exactly restaurateurs, so it was a first for all of us.  The buffet was perfect for a 3 year old birthday boy -- lots of randomness -- salad, bite or two of pizza, a little pasta, some porn (ahem, I mean C-orn)...and a chocolate-chocolate cupcake topped w/ chocolate chips!!!
                                    
That was the ONLY thing he devoured!!  I guess every kid should get that chance at least once a year! 
                                         
And let me tell you about Kate's experience.  This was the first time she'd been to a restaurant since beginning 'real' food and this girl pigged out!!  I seriously bet she ate more food than Jackson did.  She had sweet potato fries, chicken, pasta, garlic bread, cheese, fruit, crackers.  She ate from the time we sat down and put something in front of her until we were pulling her out of the seat to leave!!
I'm amazed she didn't have a belly ache when we left there b/c I know she was stuffed!  Without question, she fell asleep in the car on the way back home. 
To make the birthday lunch more like a birthday lunch, we brought one more gift for Jackson.  This one was from Kate. 
These little tractors were originally going to be a part of his birthday cake and I actually forgot to include them in the cupcake set-up.  Every time he plays with them now, he'll say, "Baby Sister gave me these."  It's really sweet.
After naps we took a trip to the park.  It was hot so we didn't stay too long, but they both had fun.
I love this picture of Kate!
After the park, we made one last stop before heading home.  Target.  Maybe Jackson knows me all too well!  :-)

No comments: