Monday, April 26, 2010
Pass the peas, please.
It's been about two months since Kate had her first taste of 'food' and let me tell you, this kid likes to eat! So much that I even called our pediatrician's office last week to ask if it was okay. She is losing interest in the bottle and the boob and just wants more FOOD! They told me just to follow her cues and keep offering the bottle, but not to get frustrated if she didn't want it. I was concerned that since she's on the lower end of the growth chart that I really needed to make sure she was on the higher end of the recommended milk intake, since milk is higher in calories than fruit and veggies. I told them she's only getting probably 20-24 ounces a day and they said it was fine. I could actually create a bigger food battle if I force the bottle or leave her wanting more 'food'. So now, in addition to the milk combo, Kate's diet now includes cereal - rice & oatmeal, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, apples, pears, carrots, bananas, and PEAS!
When Jackson was a baby he hated peas and still to this day won't eat them, or most anything green for that matter. But I didn't let that stop me from offering them up to Kate. I tried to puree them really, really well to make sure the chunks of pea shell were minimal.
At first, she wasn't kicking her little feet in excitement over them or anything, but she liked them. And now, she'll gobble them right up! Yay peas!!
Labels:
kate
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
SO cute! I'm with Jackson about the peas, thought, YUCK!
I'll gladly offer my portion of peas to Kate anytime =D
Post a Comment