Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Oh, he's listening alright.

Yesterday Sean and I were talking about the girl next door, who comes over – unannounced – to play with Jackson. This kid is almost 11, so not your typical 2 year old’s playmate. She had came over earlier in the day and while she was there Jackson started acting really ugly. And the day was going great until she got there. Sean asked if I thought we should start limiting the time he plays with her. Then the conversation went like this:

Sean: “I’m sure he’d really flip out, if he saw her at the door and you told him he couldn’t play with her.

Jackson (playing and previously not involved in the conversation): “Who flip out?”

Me: “Who do you think would flip out?”

Jackson: “Me.”

Me: “Why would you flip out?”

Jackson: “Because I be mad!”

It’s so funny how even though Jackson can’t verbalize quite like we can, he can still comprehend everything that’s going on around him. And I’m sure he understands (and hears) a whole lot more than we think he does!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is amazing how much they pick up on! Ryley is really good at paying attention without letting you know she is paying attention...scary!

Amy said...

Oops, didn't mean for that to be anonymous. But I guess "Ryley" would have been a dead give away to who it was...;)

Shelly said...

Anonymous Amy - I thought about texting you yesterday during the whole ordeal while she was there. It could be worse for me I know, but you can certainly relate! :-)

And So Shall It Be said...

That is so cute! Being a teacher parents would be so surprised at how much their kids actually come to school telling..:)) The walls from other homes talk in my class!!!

Unknown said...

That is scary/funny/adorable all at once! =D