Monday, August 16, 2010

Walkin’ for your love

Somebody’s got some sweet new moves and is pretty proud of herself.  I mentioned the other day that she was standing up on her own.  Well, that was the end of July.  During the first two weeks of August, she seemed to be practicing – only taking a few steps here and there.  I counted 7 at one point and it seemed like that was her max for a few days.  So I figured she would be just like Jackson – ‘just starting to walk’ for a couple of months.  Not so much.  She took those two weeks to practice and since then it’s been on!  She can go from here to there and yonder and back.  She may fall a few times on the way, but she gets herself right back up and starts walking again.  So…  I guess I’m gonna have to make it official – Kate is walking!!!  At 10 1/2 months.  Doh!  We’re definitely in for it now!!
These pictures don’t have anything to do w/ her walking.  I just love them so.  That little tongue sticking out in all of them makes me laugh.  I’m pretty sure that’s her ‘Look what I can do!’ face. 
DSC_0291
 DSC_0298
DSC_0300
DSC_0301
While she looks very happy here, I’m pretty sure she’s got some more toofer issues going on.  She was Miss Whiny McWhinerpants ALL DAY today.  It was seriously like she was a baby baby again and all she wanted to do was be held.  Oh girl, you’ve got to get yourself together.  You are for real drama ALREADY!!  You are not even the Big One yet.  I’ve pretty much resolved that she and Jackson are going to be two totally different animals. 

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yay, Kate!!! Can't wait to see her!!

Shelly said...

I love that I have a new regular on the comment block! I think I'm up to three now!