Monday, August 30, 2010

Menu Plan Monday ~ 8/30

This is going to be another crazy week for us.  Coming back from the beach today, first day of preschool tomorrow(!), and more fun this weekend.  This week's menu is going to be pretty simple, but I'm really excited about making the Shrimp Etoufee.  We had a pot-luck lunch at work last week and my favorite dish was a shrimp stew over rice.  It was soooo good!  Everyone was raving over it.   The technician who brought it was kind enough to share the recipe with all of us.  It seems pretty easy, so we'll see.  Here's what else we'll be eatin' this week...

Monday - Coming home from the beach.  I'd love to grill steaks if we get home early enough, but if not it'll be something packaged from the freezer.  After all the junk we ate at the beach this weekend, I probably should ease my body back into nutritious foods.  **The verdict: Fish sticks and corn on the cob.  Those are two of Jackson's favorites and since he has a big day tomorrow, I wanted to be sure he ate a good dinner.

Tuesday - Ham and Swiss Calzones

Wednesday - Shrimp Etoufee

Thursday - Leftovers

Friday - Weekend Plans!

Did anyone else make a menu plan last week?  Or do you plan to make one this week?  I've realized, even more now that Kate is eating more of what we all eat, I need to make sure these guys are getting good nutritional meals.  It's just such a challenge.  I need ideas for EASY and NUTRITIONAL family friendly dinners.  Anyone?  Anyone?  I'm sure there's a blog out there somewhere, that could give me some suggestions.

No comments: