Friday, August 13, 2010

Beach Bums

When all were down at the beach the last weekend of August.  Kate had an especially good time!  She could not get enough of the water.  She was is really starting to get up on two feet more often.  This was her favorite place to be the entire weekend…  Fingers clinched around yours, walking just as fast as she can. 
DSC_0022
When Mamma and I walked down to the water with her she was fearless!  I think this one will always be a favorite.
katemammame2
She would have kept going if we would have let her!
 katemammame
Look at her now!  Standing there all by herself.  This was one of the first times I watched her go from sitting to standing, without having to pull herself up.  Oh boy, here we go!!
 DSC_0055 
Now she wasn’t quite as excited about the boat experience.  Maybe it was the fat life jacket strapped to her, or maybe it was the fact that we were speeding across a big body of water.  Either way, she really wasn’t too sure what to think of it. 
DSC_0095
kateandme DSC_0104
Ryley and Jackson on the other hand – LOVED going fast!
DSC_0097
There she is -- she’s back!  Get her outta the boat, peel off the life jacket and show her to the water.  I’d say she’s pretty happy now.  Wouldn’t you agree?? 
  DSC_0146 DSC_0154DSC_0147
After a fun day out on the water, I somehow convinced Jackson to walk down to the beach with me.  Even though he normally hates the sight of the camera, I was honest and told him I wanted to take a few pictures.  Surprisingly, he was a very, very good little model!
 jacksonfav
We got down there right as the sun was beginning to set – I think photographers will tell you that it’s the best time to photograph.  I must agree.  I mean is this kid a stud or what?  Totally looks like a page from a summer catalog!
DSC_0220DSC_0221-1
DSC_0249
Once I knew we had lots of great ones to share, we just had a little fun.  Jackson has loved chasing the little sandpipers on the beach since he first learned to walk.  It is amazing to watch how far he’ll run after them.  And how fast he is!  He had me out of breath, trying to keep up with him!
DSC_0211jacksonrun
Then he found a big hole that was perfect for jumping.  I think I may have already mentioned that he’s fascinated by jumping.  This actually turned out to be one of my favorite shots.  It totally captures him and all the magic of a 3 year old. 
   DSC_0233
Ryley and Emma got back from a birthday party while we were out there and happened to have their tye dyed garb with them, too.  By the time they got changed and onto the beach, Jackson was over taking pictures, so I really didn’t get much of the three of them.  Besides, they would have been one cousin short anyway, since Kate was already sleeping. 
DSC_0275
The lovely Ryley always makes a great model though!  I may not have captured her face in the twirling shot, but I still love it.  It so fun, so her!
DSC_0265 DSC_0278
And Emma, yep that’s Emma.  Just like I captured Jackson and Ryley’s personalities, I totally got the perfect shot of Emma.  She is such a little nut!  Ryley gives us the angelic pose and playful twirl and Emma gives us this…  Amy and I both were just cracking up at her moves out there. 
DSC_0281
She may be a nut, but she’s still a sweet little nut.  I love her hands in this picture.  It’s like she’s anticipating as they come closer. 
DSC_0266
After our fun photo shoot on the beach, we went back up where the boys were grilling.  While they finished up, Ryley, Jackson and Emma played a little football.  This picture makes me laugh every time I look at it.  I’m pretty sure he just blew the tackle and is going in for the score…having lost one flip-flop and the other stuck between toes 3 and 4.  That’s my boy!
DSC_0289  
To see all the pictures from the weekend, click the link to the slideshow below.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love ALL those pictures! Only thing missing was Kate!