I mentioned the other day, that Ashely and I are going to start meal planning and sharing our menus for the week on our blogs. Today is officially our first Menu Plan Monday. And of course, we were out of town this weekend and I haven't had much of a chance to get my thoughts/grocery list/shopping done. So...for my first meal plan, I'm going to dig through the freezer and pantry and come up with some dinner ideas based off what we have on hand + last week's grocery shopping.
Monday: Baked Cheese Ravioli and Meat Sauce
Tuesday: Finish up the Ravioli
Wednesday: Tuna Cakes w/ Rosemary Aioli Sauce*
Thursday: Bertolli Chicken Parm and Penne **
Fri/Sat/Sun: @ the Beach
*Don't get all excited thinking I'm gonna be whipping up gourmet dishes often. We had some rosemary aioli sauce at a wedding last weekend and it was oh so amazing. I found a recipe online and picked up the ingredients we didn't already have last week -- I'm just excited to try it out and see if hold's a candle to that of the Angus Barn.
** See? Night four of my meal plan and I'm already going w/ a frozen, pre-packaged meal. We both work on Thursday and will be packing for the beach, so I need easy-peasy!
Wow! That actually feels good. It's Monday morning and I have one less thing to think about every afternoon this week! I've already taken the ground beef out of the freezer to thaw and everything. Woo Hoo!
Anybody else want to get their meal planning knocked out for the week? I've already talked to Amy about playing along. It's amazing what a little accountability can do for motivation! I'm thinking the next challenge/commitment needs to be a little P90X action! Ashely is workin' on her fitness w/ a trainer. About all the exercise I get these days is with my fingers on a keyboard and wrangling a raging bull child for a diaper change. I'm not really interested in weight loss, but I would certainly like to be more fit. Who wouldn't? Eating well and taking care of your body are about the best you can do for a healthy lifestyle!
3 comments:
YUM-O! My post will be up shortly. I need to write the text around it and didn't get to finish up after church last night. Hopefully, I'll have it up by lunch.
It felt so good to do my grocery shop last week. My secondary goal is not to spend any money OOP M-F (unless it's gas).
Thanks so much for holding me accountable! It's going to be a good thing!
"Fri/Sat/Sun at the beach"...IS IT TRUE!!!!? =D
Yes, but not w/ all of y'all. :-( We are taking the kids instead. It would be too much if we took the two of them to Charleston. Y'all have fun!!!
Post a Comment