Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Catching up -- Jackson got sick

I've been a bad blogger lately and haven't posted in a while. I don't want to miss anything, so I'm going to pick up where I left off. We'll start with Jackson getting sick the weekend before Thanksgiving. What I thought was a cold turned out to be an upper respiratory infection that caused him to wheeze really bad. I took him to our wonderful pediatrician, Dr. Chip, on Friday (before Thanksgiving) and he prescribed him an inhaler and a steroid to help reduce the inflammation in his lungs. We spent all day on Saturday laying around with him. He would sleep off and on, but when he was up, he didn't want to do anything but lay on the couch. We watched a lot of cartoons! Mickey, Thomas, Caillou -- we all spent a lot of time together. We also watched the Pack whup Carolina -- how great was that!?! But it was no fun seeing Jackson feel so bad and giving him the medicine was no fun either!
We were supposed to go to an engagement party/shower for Don and Jen on Saturday afternoon, but neither one of us could have left Jackson. We really hated to miss it and heard that it was a lot of fun. I'm sure the oysters were awesome!! And Swaz got there on time, right? :-)
Jackson started feeling a little better on Sunday and by Tuesday he was pretty much back to normal. We are definitely counting our blessings that this is the first time in 17 months that we have had to take care of our sick little boy.

No comments: