Monday, December 22, 2008

The Christmas Frenzy is On!!!

It's 3 days before Christmas and I can hardly wait! Jackson is going to love it! We gave him a little tease over the weekend when we celebrated with my mom's side of the family. It was great to see everyone and especially fun watching Jackson play with two 2 y/o cuties, Easton and Maddy. They all took a little while to warm up to each other, but by the end of the night, they were all ready to play. It's just crazy to me to see all my cousins now, because it seems like it wasn't so long ago that some of them were little babies. It's just a huge reminder of how fast Jackson is going to grow up! I guess feeling like a kid, anxiously waiting for Christmas, is just one way I'm making the most of this age.

Before we headed home on Sunday, we stopped by the DuPont Kid's Christmas Party to see Santa! And Santa...he rolled in on a firetruck! How cool is that?!? (Kid, remember?) This was the first time Jackson has seen a firetruck up close like that. He was mesmerized! As for seeing Santa... Let's start here. I have been saying all along that we would see Santa only if Jackson liked him. I'm not going to force him to sit on Santa's lap. That, to me, is just not right. We saw Santa walking through the mall the other night and Jackson was able to watch him from a distance. He's still not sure what to think of the guy, so I think that helped. When we saw Santa yesterday, Jackson was good with getting close (see below), but thought sitting on Santa's lap was a terrible idea. Then, when he gave Jackson a super cool remote control truck, the visit was pretty much over. The truck at that point, was way cooler than Santa. So, it was pretty obvious to see where his thoughts are right now... "Toy, I want it!!" And BTW, he loves his new truck!! He took it to bed with him last night and insisted it go up with him again tonight. Could it be that it's because Santa Claus gave it to him?

Oh and one more thing... Jackson had his first cheese doodle yesterday. You'll see his cheesy face and hands below in a picture with Daddy. As you might expect, he LOVED LOVED LOVED them! And according to my parents, I survived on cheese doodles until I was 3! :-) We have probably discovered his new favorite "treat"! Oh, that's what we should give him on Christmas in his Advent Calendar!! Good idea!

Merry Christmas!!

Jackson and Pa-Jack on the firetruck!

This is when Santa gave Jackson his new truck. Who does he seem more interested in??

Cheetos Face!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CHEESE DOODLES.. SANTA'S BEARD?GIVE ME THE TRUCK PLEASE :)
PJ

J.T. SUMMER + EASTON said...

So sweet.. they are so much fun! Easton is soo excited about this whole Christmas thing..I wish we lived closer :(