Tuesday, December 2, 2008

What pretty balls you have!

We celebrated Thanksgiving with the Ryans on Friday and after dinner we all had fun with Christmas balls and paint. Amy had mentioned a Christmas project a while ago and on the way to Wilson from Bladenboro, I found some ideas in a magazine for a candy colored Christmas. One of the ideas was to drop a little acrylic paint in clear Christmas balls to create a colorful, swirly Christmas ornament. We all liked the idea so Amy and I went over to Target and picked up some ornaments so we could try it out. Once we had Jackson and Emma to bed we all sat down at the table together and got to ball making! Pop-Pop, Mom-Mom, Papa, Mamma, Stevie, Amy, Ryley, Sean and me. We were all in on the action. By the end of the night we had gone through a roll of paper towels, had 3 broken ornaments and paint was everywhere, but we had some beautiful balls. I have to say that some are definitely better than others -- sorry Don and Jen, but the one I made for you didn't turn out too good. And Ryley's were my favorite -- very colorful!! It was a lot of fun and I can't wait to see them on our trees!!
This is Jackson first taste of Mom-Mom's traditional Thanksgiving jello "treat"!

Amy and me getting ready to begin!

Mom-Mom and Pop-Pop made some beautiful balls!

Aren't they pretty??

No comments: