Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Perfect Sippy Cup

Does it exist? I'm not so sure. With all the technology out there and all these brilliant minds (mostly moms I'm sure) coming up with great ideas everyday on how to make parenting a little easier and more convenient, you would think that the simple sippy cup would have been mastered by now. Well, in my opinion it hasn't. They may contain spills, but the leaks are ridiculous...and from everywhere -- the spout, the seam, even the bottom! How from the bottom?? I haven't ever counted the milk splatters I clean up off the floor on a given day, because I'd lose count by lunchtime. Since Jackson started on the sippy at about 6 months we have tried at least 10 different cups. He likes them all about the same, but I have found only one that I like, that doesn't leak, called the Nalgene Grip-N-Gulp, but it's only available in 12 oz. and is a little big. This week my frustrations with our current sippy cups reached an all-time high. So after an extensive Google search, I went on a sippy cup shopping spree and now have 4 new sippies, all vying for the title of "The Perfect Sippy Cup". Stay tuned to find out if a winner prevails or if I'm left still searching...

No comments: