Well, it really happened. We got some snow. Woo-wee. Yeah, that may be a little sarcastic...I'm just not a big fan of the snow. Or the cold. Or playing in it. Or driving in it. But, I know Jackson loves it, so I was at least happy for him that we got some snow. It started here last night at about 7:30 and fell pretty good for a couple of hours.

I think Maggie may agree with me a little. She didn't seem to be enjoying it much either, so she came in to the garage where it was a little warmer and a lot dryer.

By about 10 o'clock last night we already had an inch and the weather guys had said it was going to continue through midnight today (Saturday). Oh boy. How much were we going to end up with?? An inch is more than enough for me. Enough for Jackson to play in, but not enough that it will take weeks to melt and go way.

Well, this is what we woke up to... A winter wonderland./!

It wasn't snowing anymore, but instead was just sleeting. Even better. Cold, wet, and not even any fun for Jackson to play in. So we spent the morning playing, watching cartoons, watching the birds, napping, repeat. You know, what every family should do on a Saturday morning.

These birds were so entertaining! It was like they hadn't seen food in days!
Jackson really wanted to hold this cardinal. "MayI hold him" <-- 3 words. 2 y/o speak.
This picture of Kate makes me laugh. She's such a peanut!

We decided to pull out the jumperoo for Kate. I wasn't completely sure she was ready for it, but she LOVED it and did great in it! She's such a big girl already, holding herself up like that!


Of course when Jackson saw the camera on Kate, he wanted his picture taken too. He's is such a mess... He never wants his picture taken when I'm trying to take his picture.

After Jackson's nap, it had finally stopped sleeting, so he and Sean went out to play. I stayed in where it was nice and warm w/ little Kate. It's just too cold for her!
{Wink wink} Jackson was so excited (and cooperative) as they were getting dressed to go out. He even came to me asking where his hat was. He was ready!
Remember the snow from our
tree hunt weekend? Apparently, eating the snow is what he liked best because he kept saying all morning, "MayI eat it?" (<-- Again, 3 words.) So of course, when he went out, that was one of the first things he did.

Maggie was lovin' playing in the snow, too. She especially seemed to like knocking Jackson down, which he thought was sooo funny!
But I think his favorite was sliding down...!
...and landing in the big pile of snow at the bottom!
And apparently, southern birds are like us southern folks. We cause panic at the grocery store, they cause panic at the bird feeder! Holy moly, there were birds there all day and they ate a lot of seed! If you haven't noticed, check out the first picture from last night! And take a look at the feeder now....
Our Home Sweet Snowy Home

Pretty landscapes and a happy little boy, the two best things about the snow!

So I may have been a fuddy duddy hanging inside the warm house, but I did have a cup of hot chocolate waiting for Jackson and a cold Miller Lite for his Daddy.

And by the way, our final snowfall total...

4 inches. That's plenty. And if the sheet of ice on top melts enough that we can make a snowman, I'll bundle on up and get out there. Maybe...
No comments:
Post a Comment