Friday, January 8, 2010

Christmas 2009

Our Christmas family get togethers started on Wednesday, the day before Christmas Eve, at my parent's house in Bladenboro. Before we got on the road Wednesday morning, we decided to let Jackson get the 'party started' by opening his presents that MM & PP and Joan and family had sent down. Note the look of excitement when he sees the clothes. Remember that.

I have to admit. I think I was more excited about the Play-Doh than he was. I love Play-Doh. Especially the smell and the feel of fresh Play-Doh. That's not weird is it? Maybe is just a good stress reliever.
This little Christmas angel couldn't be any cuter...or happier!
I'm not exactly sure how this came about, but I think Jackson overheard someone say something about a hayride in conversation, then started talking about how he wanted to go on a hayride. Well, before I knew it, Daddy had borrowed Neighbor Johnny's trailer, filled it with hay and loaded the little ones up for a hayride around the farm. Haley and Corri went along for a ride too!They even stopped and sang Christmas carols to the neighbor. I know Jackson loved it!
I think this is a great picture of my Mama, Aunt Etta and Amy, my cousin.
Me and my Uncle Darryl.
Jackson just loves Easton. Can you tell? I'm not sure that Easton feels the same way though. Just kidding. They do have a great time together, but I just don't think Easton was feeling hugs at the moment.
Time to open presents! Jackson could hardly wait. He had been eyeing the presents under the tree all day, but was a very good boy and didn't try to sneak anything. He was even sitting by the tree, just looking at all the presents at one point.
Christmas Eve morning we packed up and headed to Wilson to celebrate with the Ryan's. It was cold and rainy outside, but it was warm and cozy inside! We had a great day and as usual, the kid's had a ball! Emma even brought out a fancy hair do for the occasion! (Okay, maybe it was the pigtails and the nap that 'styled' her hair, but either way it was pretty darn cute!)
Ryley decorated her cookies to leave for Santa. So creative!
Could our centerpiece be any cuter??
Now it's time for more presents!!
Aunt Amy and Uncle Stevie gave Jackson and Kate this sweet little play kitchen!
Kate just laid back and took in all the craziness!
When we left Wilson to head back to Wendell, Santa was already making his rounds and reportedly in China. So when we got home, we quickly unloaded the car, put out some milk and cookies for Santa and a carrot for the reindeer, and got the kids to bed.
The big guy has passed through Wendell!
We must have all been GOOD this year!
Our stockings hung by the (chimney) with care!
Jackson got his dumptruck...'a big one'...from Santa!
Kate wasn't sure what the big deal was! It seems Santa got it right! He was very excited about his new dump truck!
Santa brought Kate Sophie the giraffe. She's not really into toys yet, but I do think she likes this one!
After breakfast, we got back on the road to Bladenboro to celebrate with the Jackson's and with my parents. After lunch at my Grandma's house, we took a moment to sing Happy Birthday to Jesus. Even though Jackson is only two, I still want to begin teaching him the real meaning of Christmas.
Last but not least, it was finally time to open presents w/ my parents! At this point, Jackson knew exactly what to expect and had realized that some gifts may not be as exciting as others. Well, Nana took the practical route and gave Jackson lots of clothes (which he really needed!) Jackson wasn't impressed. Remember the excited look on his face when he opened the first package of clothes. It was gone now. It had been replaced with a gracious look of disappointment. But finally, after several packages of clothes, he got to a good one! A sweet preschool computer!

No comments: