Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Cookies

{Ok, I know it's January now and time for all the Christmas decorations to come down, but I have to go back and reminisce all our good times in December! It's just taking me a while to get back on schedule...} :-)

This year, Jackson and I made our first Christmas cut-out cookies. He's loved "helping" in the kitchen for a few months now, so he had a ball. He was so excited to get started!
Once he saw all the mess that was getting made, I'm not sure that he really cared what we were doing. It was just fun to make messes on the counter!
I was struggling with the dough...despite my flouring, it kept sticking to the countertop, so he could only 'cut out' a couple before I'd have to roll the dough out again. And two year olds don't really have the attention span for all that rolling!
He did have a lot of fun with it though!
And he especially liked the decorating. He wasn't really into 'sprinkling' as much as he was into 'dumping'. But hey, they were his creations so they were the cutest cookies ever!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is such a great little helper!!

Anonymous said...

Me LOVE COOKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!