We had such a good weekend around here! But before I get into our eventful weekend, let me go back to last Tuesday when Sean's Gramma Malay and Aunt Ceda came in from Winfield, IL and St. Paul, MN. Brrrr. I got a little chilly just thinking of those places. This was the first time Kate had met her Great Gramma, who now has 8 (EIGHT!) great-grandchildren, not to mention the 32 grandchildren she has from her 15 children! (I double checked, there are no typos in those numbers!) To say that this is one special woman is definitely an understatement!! And to hear her talk of all the kids/grands/greats is amazing! She knows exactly what's going on with all of them. There is so much a young Mommy like me could learn from her! Wonder if she could teach me how to be more patient? I'll have to ask b/c I'm sure she has that one mastered!!

Here is Kate with her Great Aunt Ceda. She just had shoulder surgery and will hopefully be out of the sling soon.

Another one of Kate and her Great Gramma.

So now on to our weekend... Friday night Beth, Gramma, Ceda, Amy and I went out for girl's dinner and movie night. They came over and picked me up and we went over to
Bonefish Grill for dinner. Of course we started out with some
Bang Bang Shrimp and Beth suggested we get two orders, so we would have enough to take home to share with the boys. Well, if you've never had Bang Bang Shrimp you are definitely missing out, because they are absolutely de-lish-i-ous!! So good. My mouth is watering just thinking about them! Anywho, we had been chatting it up, just enjoying the Bang Bang Shrimp when I looked down and realized we had eaten all but two! That wasn't enough to take home, so Amy and I just finished them up. Sorry boys, none for you this time. Just so you know though, the thought was there! :-)
After dinner, we headed on over to
North Hills for the movie,
It's Complicated. Since we already had our tickets, we decided to stop by Starbucks for a quick after dinner drink. Well, it should have been quick, but instead we sat down at a table a chatted for a few. By the time we made it in to the theatre it was packed and we were stuck in the second row. Not cool. It really wasn't bad though, after I had a few minutes to get used to the ginormous screen right above my head! And the movie was hilarious!! So funny! I don't usually laugh out loud at TV, but I laughed (out loud!) several times during this one. And I'm pretty sure I even clapped once.
John Krasinski from
The Office just cracks me up!
Sean and I just had a nice, relaxing day at home with the kiddos on Saturday. We got a few things done around the house, napped and watched cartoons for most of the day. That's about as good as a Saturday can get these days!

Matt and Jenn came over Saturday night for dinner and to watch the State game. Since the game
pretty much sucked, Matt decided to play a little Guitar Hero. The next thing I knew Sean was commenting on the fact that I was on the computer, Jenn was knitting and Swaz was playing video games. Is this what happens when you grow up? I guess so.

I'm not complaining though! We had a really good time! We actually ended up playing Catchphrase which is my all-time favorite game. Except for this time. I apparently stunk it up b/c I didn't win one single game. And I had all three of them as my partner. It was me. Not my partner. I was just bad. I hope I get to redeem myself soon. Catchphrase, anyone?
We spent the day in Wilson on Sunday celebrating Mamma's birthday. We were suppose to get together a couple of weeks ago, but she got sick and we had to postpone. It worked out well though, because Gramma and Ceda were there for the celebration too!
Have I told you before how much fun these little ones have with each other? I'm pretty sure I have. :-) They play together so well...for the most part. I think Emma may have just been a little hungry when she tried to snack on Jackson's finger. He didn't like it too much. But once he had a little ice and a few "huds" from Emma it was all better. (In case you don't understand toddler speak, "huds" are Emma hugs. She loves giving hugs and it's so sweet!)
Kate even got in on some Ring Around the Rosie action...

This was the first time we had a kid's table set up at Mamma and Papa's house. They LOVED it! And by the way, the tablecloth was at their request. All we were missing was straps to keep them in their seats! It was way too easy for them to get up and down and run all around. But hey, maybe that's the best part of a kid's table! No adult sitting right next to you to boss you around!

Of course, no birthday dinner would be complete without a little cake! And a yummy ice cream cake at that! Happy Birthday, Mamma!!

And Gramma, thanks for making the trip to NC!
4 comments:
Wow, you guys were definitely busy this past weekend! And no worries, Shelly, I don't think it was just you. I think a lot of the Catchphrase shenanigans had to do with the boys starting EVERY clue with "you know when you're in bed with a girl...."
Hard to relate to clues like that! =D
Good point Jenn! Fun times!
looks like a fun weekend....but really...guitar hero instead of the state game???...no wonder you lost........state fans...hah!
Hey jimi H, we watched enough to know it wasn't going to end well. No need to let State spoil our Saturday night.
Post a Comment