Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Kate's 1st Birthday -- Part 1: The First Present

Kate's first birthday has come and gone and I have lots to share. I still can't believe that my little peanut is already 1! I have a ton of pictures from her birthday week, so rather than one never-ending post, I'm going to do a few.

I'm all about celebrating the birthday week and my little love's big day was no exception.  We got her week started off by letting her open (w/ Jackson's help) her first present.  Our friends Jason & Sarah had sent over a present from Ryan, since they were going to miss the party.  I stashed it away for a couple of days, until Sean and I both had a chance to sit down with her.  I mean, it's her first present for her first birthday -- I say that's a milestone!!

She wasn't exactly sure what to do, but she did enjoy the curly ribbon on top!
DSC_0006.JPG
Jackson, on the other hand, knew exactly what needed to happen.  When the ribbon didn't come right off, he raided his doctor's kit and came back w/ some scissors.  Yeah, they didn't so much work, but I was still impressed with his quick thinking!
DSC_0008.JPG
Once he helped her get the paper off, she was very curious about what was inside.
DSC_0012.JPG
Check it out, Mommy!  My first purse!  
DSC_0017.JPG

1 comment:

Ashely said...

That face is hilarious! BTW - did I tell you that on Saturday, Jackson asked me if the scissors at my house were blue or green.