Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Celebrating 81 years with Grandma Jackson

We spent the afternoon at at my aunt and uncles house at Bay Tree Lakes on Sunday, celebrating my Grandma Jackson’s 81st birthday.  I love seeing how she just lights up when she sees Jackson and Kate.  She just looks so happy when she has them in her arms.
DSC_0568
Jackson was confused all morning – since we were saying he would be seeing Nana and Pa-Jack, he kept thinking that we were going to their house.  Obviously Jackson and Kate were both excited when they walked in the door.  Kate is happy as can be just as long as she’s got the attention (and arms) of someone she loves!
DSC_0577
I was super excited to see my lovely cousin, Andi and her preggy belly!!  I’m so excited for her and Darin.  They’re expecting a little girl in January.  Another ‘Jackson’ girl in the world – watch out y’all! 
DSC_0580
Kate was getting her first taste of Aunt Marie’s famous cheese ball.
DSC_0583
Jackson wanted to go outside to play with Nana.  Before they walked out, he looked at my Grandma and said, “We’re going outside.  You keep an eye on Kate?”  It was adorable – such a smart little boy!  He knew he wanted his Nana all to himself!
DSC_0585
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you!
DSC_0594
Such a pretty girl!  You’d never know that she’s the little stinker that she is!
DSC_0596
John and Chris had one of those Wooly Willie things.  Jackson was trying to make him look like Pa-Jack by putting a mustache on him.
DSC_0600
I absolutely loved watching Jackson and Grandma play like this.  He doesn’t spend nearly enough time with her, so it always makes my heart smile when I see that he has bonded with her in his own special way.
DSC_0607
This picture here reminds me of times when I was a kid, sitting on my Grandma’s lap.  I spent a whole lot of time with her when I was Jackson’s age and I remember how I was always intrigued by her jewelry.  Dressed to a T in her Sunday best….earrings, necklaces, broaches.  I remember having lots of fun playing dress-up with her jewelry and shoes.  Fond memories are the best!
DSC_0612

No comments: