Saturday, May 1, 2010

My do it.

Jackson has always been loved helping around the house. And having his baby sister around has given him a-whole-nother list of things he wants to help with. (Fortunately he hasn't tried to change one of Kate's stinky diapers yet, but you know I'll let you know if he does!) He's loved 'holding' her all along, but lately he's wanted to hold her even more. And now that she's more mobile, well, let's just say she doesn't necessarily want him to hold her. It's like watching a wrestling match -- she's trying to get away and he's trying to hold her down! Don't get me wrong though, I love that he adores her the way he does. Like when he says to her, "Hi honey!" And he can get her laughing like nobody else!

Anyway, back to my handy helper. When Kate first started on solids, he jumped right in to help. It seemed to get old quick though. But then the other day, he decided, 'My do it!" I had already given her most of it, so I figured she had the patience for the swerving spoon.
And for the most part, he did really good!
Although, when he was finished, she still had a few spoonfuls left around her mouth! :-)

No comments: