When she first pitched the idea, I was immediately on board. The ideas she had and the way she described it sounded perfect! I knew Mamma would LOVE it! Amy and Papa got together to toss around some ideas and come up with a plan. As we would later learn, the hardest plan of all would be getting her out of the house so we could surprise her with the makeover! The plan came together quite well -- Papa would build the desks/tables and the pegboard and also take care of the shelving. Amy and I would tackle the organization and decor side of things. Stevie and Sean would be responsible for installing the pieces built by Pat. We agreed that our plan of action would be executed on May 2. And here's where we got sneaky.... Mamma and Papa kept the kids on Saturday night since we all had Sarah and David's wedding Saturday night. Our plan was to get there first thing Sunday morning, quickly pack them up and tell her we had to get home to get things done around the house. See, we needed to be out of there in plenty of time for Mamma and Papa to get ready for church. If they missed church, Pat wasn't sure how he was going to get her out of the house. Surely she would have things she wanted to get done at home! So bright and early (ok, not so much early, but it was a late night!) we rushed in, packed up the kids and left....for Amy's house...to wait. When we were sure Mamma and Papa had left for church, the four of us surrounded the house like a SWAT team and got to work. (Jerry and Tricia came over to A+S's to keep the kids while we were away. Thanks y'all!!)
Because I know you are so excited to see the before and afters I'll get right to it.
BEFORE...
Sean and Stevie's VERY DETAILED instructions from Pat. I mean seriously, he had the screw holes already started and everything. I'd say he knows a little about production and efficiency b/c he couldn't have made it any easier!
It didn't take long for us to realize just how wonderful this room was going to be!When Mamma walked in we were all standing around the island. Amy had told her that they would be over in the afternoon to swim, but she was obviously very surprised to see Sean and me. Remember, we had things to get done at home! So she immediately knew something was up. Amy got right to it and explained that we all wanted to do something for her for Mother's Day and led her up to her new sewing room. She was SO surprised!


3 comments:
Yay! You guys did AWESOME with getting that done! I know you were talking about it last weekend, and you can definitely see on her face how much she loved all your hard work =D
That was so great! I'm sure Beth loves it!
And, I can't believe you did such a makeover under such a deadline.
You all did a great job on the room makeover!! I'm sure she is going to enjoy that!!
Post a Comment