Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

We've had a great Halloween around here today and lots of fun trick-or-treating this evening. I'm pretty sure that I was a little more excited throughout the afternoon than Jackson was though. I felt like a 6 year old, constantly thinking, "Is it time? Is it time to put on costumes?" (Wonder if Ryley, a true 6 yo, actually said that today?) I'm not really sure that Jackson realized, or remembered, what trick-or-treating was really all about. And while it did look like fall outside today, it sure did not feel like it! Not quite the temperature I had been hoping for, considering my little Cookie Monster's costume. But he didn't seem to mind -- he had a great time! Now, gimme some cookies, er CANDY!!

Have you ever seen a giraffe with no neck?

Well, you have now and she's pretty darn cute, if I do say so myself!

After a quick photo session, we headed out for some trick-or-treating.

First stop: Glen and Betsy's next door. Knock Knock!
Peeeekkk!
Trick or Treat!
After Jackson saw what went down at Glen and Betsy's he was all set to head to the next stop!

However, the little giraffe was in no mood to ride. As usual, she wanted to be held and once she made that clear, it didn't take her long before she was...

Here's Jackson "counting" his loot. He seemed to be most interested in suckers at first. He had one while we were out and opened another when we got home...then had some M&M's...a few Smarties...a bite of Laffy Taffy (didn't like it)... and a box of Nerds!! Those may have actually been his favorite! His sour face was cracking me up! (I didn't catch a good picture of it though...)


And believe or not, Jackson had no problem putting the rest of his candy up for tomorrow (and the next day, and the next, until it magically disappears). It was actually Kate that didn't want the Halloween party to end...

1 comment:

Ashely said...

Tell Jackson that Nerds are my favorite too! Looks like he had loads of fun.