Thursday, October 15, 2009

Life with Kate-Week 3

Kate is now three weeks old and is still doing great...that is, as long as she is in the comfort and warmth of another's arms. And for the most part, those arms would be mine. Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind this one bit. Jackson has grown up way too fast and he wouldn't even think of "snuggling" with me anymore, so I know I need to enjoy every bit of these moments. I do feel a little selfish though, b/c while I'm cuddling with Kate, Jackson wants to play. And no, he doesn't necessarily want my arms to be filled with his sister while we play. I'm working on finding a balance, but for now, Nick Jr. and Sprout are helping me out a little (okay, a lot). And while I'm spending most of the day w/ a little peanut in my arms, I'm spending a lot of time in front of the computer. I'm pretty sure I've seen about all I can see on Facebook, so I've had to find a new addiction...reading blogs. I've always enjoyed reading Ashely's blog and just recently my friend, Sarah started a blog, so I've had that one to read, too, but that only fills a few minutes of the day. So, I've ventured out into the blogging world and found a few more that seem interesting. My favorites so far are Spearmint Baby, Stretching a Buck, and Playgrounder. By the titles you can tell that these are either about kids or saving money, two things that I am intersted in right now (obviously!), but if you know of another fun blog I should check out, leave me a comment. Some blogs are like good books...you just can't stop reading and can't wait for the next post!

BTW, I started on this post last night while Kate was in Sean's arms, but was unable to finish before she "needed" me again. Today, I'm finishing this post while Kate is happily content (as long as I'm standing) in the Baby Bjorn. I may have just found a way to be hands free for at least part of the day! Now, if I could just figure out how to hold her in the shower...

1 comment:

Ashely said...

I like that we both read Spearmint Baby and Stretching a Buck and that we've never known it about each other. :)