
These pictures are kind of grainy. I forgot my camera, so I took these w/ my phone.
On the way back to EI from MHC I got my first speeding ticket...EVER. I just wasn't paying attention (no, I was not on the phone!) and didn't realize the speed limit had dropped to 45. On a 5 lane highway at that! He said he clocked me going 57. Whatever. He was a real a$$ too! This afternoon we all took a nap...at the same time. That never happens! Then we all went to dinner. Jackson and Kate didn't like that idea. We were reminded why we don't ever go out to dinner. And now, Jackson is sleeping in a big bed, all by himself for the first time!! This wasn't planned at all. And I'm pretty sure it's a major milestone! Last night I woke up to him standing next to me, saying "Mommy. Mommy. Mommy." Once I'd woken up enough to realize I wasn't dreaming, he said, "What's daat noise?" And walked out into the kitchen. I followed him and told him it was probably just the wind. He said, very seriously, "I don't like wind. Dat scare me." :-) After I picked up my melting heart, and realized that he was not going to "climb" back into the pack and play, I brought him into bed with us. And we all slept great until about 7 this morning! So then, naptime rolled around. We put him down for his nap in the p+p, but within seconds heard him climbing out. So after a couple of attempts back in the p+p, he agreed to nap in the bed next to it. Surprisingly, he stayed in bed and slept for nearly 3 HOURS! Tonight, we didn't even try the p+p. He said he wanted to sleep in the big bed. So we read him a book and tucked him, blankie, lovey, mickey, monkey, giraffe and pillow into bed. And we haven't heard a peep from him.... Yet.
1 comment:
you should know better... slow down
Post a Comment