Monday, November 2, 2009

Silver or Bronze?

I mentioned in an earlier post that Jackson is fascinated with playing with money, especially coins. Not surprisingly, today he asked me for some money. I said I didn't have any, as I was sitting in the chair feeding Kate. So he proceeded to walk over to the closet, pull out the diaper bag, dig around for my wallet, then bring it to me, again asking for money. Seriously?! Anway, I noticed then that he had a stinky diaper, so I bartered... You stop and let me change your diaper and I'll give you some money. (Diaper changes can be quite the battle these days.) So $.13 later he had a clean diaper. Well, he went about his business playing with the money in his bulldozer. A few minutes later, I noticed a funny look on his face. And he said, "Money?" I asked where the money was and he pointed to his mouth. I freaked out for just a moment -- he was breathing just fine -- then started questioning him more about the money. Soon it was clear where the money was and we weren't getting it back. Well, we would, sort of.... When I told him the money was gone and that we weren't going to play with money anymore, you would have thought I had taken away his favorite truck. He was so upset. And he should have been! Why do kids do things like this?? It's not surprising that his next request was for some juice -- and he chugged it. So now I'm left to wonder... Did he swallow the dime or a penny? I don't plan to "search" or anything, but I wonder if I'll notice an extra shiny poop in the next day or so???? I'll let you know if I find out.

1 comment:

Ashely said...

I'm voting for silver!