Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Coupon Game

A couple of weeks ago I told you about my new online addiction, reading blogs. One of the blogs that I was reading was Stretching a Buck, one of the many couponing blogs out there. I've always considered myself a moderate couponer. I actually remember clipping coupons before I was grocery shopping. I would clip the coupons out of the paper for my Mama, even though she would never really use them. I guess I've just always been into the idea of, not necessarily "saving money", but just not spending any more than you have to for a particular item. My friend Ashely recently started couponing, so when I asked for suggestions of other blogs to read, she shared quite a few with me. As it turns out, these couponing blogs are great! These women go around in search of the best deals and the best coupons and match it all up for you, so all you have to do is shop! Today, I went back to Target to get some marshmallows, because I decided that Jackson and I should make some Rice Crispy treats and also to help Santa out and pick up a toy for Kate (that I of course had a coupon for!). While I was there, I picked up a few other things that we needed and most of them matched up well with coupons. I was quite proud when the cashier gave me my total for all this... $17.91 (The toy for Kate retails for $19.99, mind you!) And aside from the two honkin' pieces of red velvet cake that I got for FREE, these were all things I would have bought either way!

1 comment:

Ashely said...

I LOVE IT! I can't wait to go to our couponing class!