I couldn’t share the party pictures without first sharing the invitation. I was soooo happy with how it turned out! Of the few cards I’ve designed this one is, by far, my favorite. I discovered digital scrap packs while creating this one and I’m in love with them now! They are so easy to use and work with several different design programs. You don’t even need Photoshop! I see lots of people talking about Memory Mixer, so it must be a pretty good choice for digital scrapbooking software. There are tons of online shops selling scrap packs -- Scrapdish is just one.
Now back to Kate! Isn’t she just a little angel sitting on a cloud!
As is probably the case for most 1 year olds, I was way more excited about her party than she was. She did get pretty excited when I showed her the balloons though!
I made sure to get a picture of the birthday girl with her grandparents before everyone got caught up in the excitement. She still wasn’t quite awake yet from her nap, so you can definitely tell she wasn’t real sure what to think about everything. I wake up from a nap only to find all my favorite people are at my house. At the same time. Is this real life?
Emma tried to do her part to get Kate in the party spirit by sharing her Capri Sun. Such the little mother – looking out for the little one. :-)
Kate wasn’t the only little one at the party. Our friends Matt and Beth came up from Columbia with their handsome little guy, Mason.
And our friends Jason and Tricia brought their sweet little 3-week-old, Molly. I just loved that Kate’s was Molly’s first party was one of her very first outings!
And then there was this little one, Ryley’s friend Olivia. Okay, maybe she’s not little little. As a matter of fact, THAT IS ONE BIG BABY DOLL! That’s right, that there is a baby doll! She was certainly fun to have around at the party – gave us lots of laughs!
I was so happy with how Kate’s party outfit turned out! I ordered the shirt and bloomers from a wonderful Etsy seller, Stitcheroos. I actually ordered plain monogrammed bloomers, but she ended up getting carried away while doing the embroidery and made the matching birdie bloomers. I’m kinda glad it worked out the way it did, b/c these were so cute!
The shirt was perfect!! The little bluebirds were my favorite and turned out to be the perfect design for the cake! The birdie theme came together so well!
I just love this picture of my 1 year old big girl!
She was still a little overwhelmed by all the attention she was getting.
But definitely had time to chat on the phone. This little girl loves the phone!! And she’ll just jabber away when she gets a hold of it!
Once we tried to get Kate to open her presents, she was all over the place. Good thing she had Jackson, Ryley and Emma there to help her out!
Isn’t this hand-painted bulletin board just the cutest!! Sarah and David gave Jackson one for his room, too…with a dump truck, not birds.
Look at the hot mamas with their babies!!
This adorable little ‘going to grandma’s’ suitcase that my cousin, Andi, gave Kate was more than just a piece of luggage to Kate!
It was the perfect spot to sit in!
And open more presents in.
And to share with Emma, so she could fit in it, too.
And to get in with Emma and sing ‘Row Row Row Your Boat’. Who would’ve thought a suitcase would provide so many opportunities for play!! I guess it’s just like kids with a cardboard box.
Once Kate realized she could fit into the push buggy that Aunt Amy gave her, she decided to climb in there. But she knew this one had wheels, so she really really really wanted someone to push her around!
I had to reel her back in to make sure Jackson was able to give her the present from him. He even made this little card for her with lots of animal stickers!
And look! Now she’s back in the suitcase reading books!
Pause for another sweet picture of sleeping Molly – with Sarah!
Now it’s time for The Cake! The cake we had worked so hard on!
Betty and Duncan had to get a picture with the birthday girl and our fabulous creation!
And a quick pic of the family!
Sing along with me… Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear Kate,
Happy birthday to you!
As much as Kate likes food, I expected her to dig right in.
What I didn’t expect was for her to have no interest in actually eating the cake! I don’t know if it was the texture of the icing or what, but she was not a fan!
One last shot of the bluebird cake before she’s enjoyed by all.
And one last shot of my partner and me with the fabulous bird! Can you tell we were proud of our work?
If Kate wasn’t going to tear into the cake, Jackson sure would!
I’m telling you, she was NOT at all into the cake.
She seriously refused to eat it!
But give the girl some ice cream and she’s all in!
That’s more like it, birthday girl! Shovel that ice cream in!
The newest member of our crew was definitely loved on by all! She and Mason were the highlight of the party!
Oh yeah, and Olivia, too!
Look at us parents with our babies! The boys have come a long way since their days at Lake Park! You know, settled down with some good women and made babies!!
And finally, at the end of the day, I was able to get my hands on little Molly. And nope. Still no baby fever here.
I was so glad that Matt and Beth were able to spend the weekend with us. It was great to spend some time with them and especially Mason. The kids loved on him lots, too! Can’t you tell?? I couldn’t even hold Mason without the two of them right next to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment