Since Jackson has been pumped up for a football game for a while now, we decided that I should still go with the kids. It wasn’t like I was with them alone or anything – our seats are w/ Mamma, Papa, the Stolariks, and Jen(&Don).
One of Jackson’s favorite parts of going to see the Wolfpack play is the marching band. They march right by where we tailgate and they’re so energetic…and loud!
Right as we were getting there, my aunt and uncle, John and Chris walked by. John and Jackson have this running game where John tries to get Jackson to say ‘Go Heels’. So, when John and Chris walked up, they waited on Jackson to recognize them. When he did, Jackson yelled “Go Heels”. Oh no!!! Apparently, after being bribed with a dollar here and there, he’s been bought in. Only temporarily though (we hope!), and we’re working on it with him. Any anti-UNC fans out there who want to help us out, feel free. He does have a sweet spot for shiny coins – he likes having a little jingle in his pocket.
Kate seemed intrigued by the marching band, too.
When we were pulling up, Jackson saw Mr. Wuf in the parking lot and yelled, “Come back, Mr. Wuf!” It was cute. Once we were parked and settled, Papa and me took the kids over to the Fan Zone to see if we could get a picture with him. Jackson told me that he wanted Mr. Wuf to pick him up like he picked up another kid, but once he did it, I don’t think Jackson was as sure. And Kate…she was pretty freaked out. But then again, she also got freaked out by the elevator a couple of times, so her uncertainties of Mr. Wuf are not surprising.
We were a little late to the party, so Jackson didn’t get to ‘win’ a football, but he still got to toss one in. He wasn’t all that impressed.
Once we were inside, he stuck close to the Stolariks. For the most part, he was pretty content just enjoying the game.
Of course he had to get some time in w/ his buddy, Jen!
Jackson can be a little pistol when it comes to taking his picture. I did manage to get a good one with Mamma and Papa though.
Of the kids and me?? Not so much…
At least I did get a good one of just the two of us.
And a good one w/ Kate, too!
So how was her first game as a toddler? Eh, she wasn’t thrilled with sitting still/being in the sun/watching football or much else in our seats. It was so hot and sunny and she was not happy about sitting down there, so I ended up calling Chris to see if she wanted to hang out with her up in Vaughn Towers. Chris was happy to help and Kate was happy as could be. She had nice shady seats, some cheese from the salad bar, a nice carpeted area for running/staying busy and lots of other kids to watch. I’m thinking she may have gotten a little spoiled. And Jackson too! When Jackson and I met Chris at halftime, we walked up and Jackson was treated to his fill of ice cream and chicken nuggets. His ‘fill’ mostly consisted of ice cream, but hey, it was a fun day out for him. He deserved a few special treats!
Back at our seats during the 3rd quarter, I put Kate in the seat next to me for a few minutes. She loved it, sitting up there like a big girl! Can you believe this was just last year? And look at her now!
All that fun took it’s toll. We weren’t even out of the parking lot before she was zonked.
** So that post title? Yeah, the Wolfpack could have gone 5-0 today. However, the Hokies were just too much. :-( Dang it. I was really hoping for Hoky Poky as the title of this post.
1 comment:
So cute! And that game was so frustrating to watch. I still don't have my voice back from yelling so much (we were sitting across the stadium from you, actually with our scalped tickets - we got lucky and found them right as the game started! =D).
I would have liked the post to be Hokey Pokey as well :)
Post a Comment