Okay, so I know this is actually old news to most people, but I have neglected to share the news through Good Times. I do have an explanation. So, Sean and me found out, with a tiny bit of uncertainty, very early on that we were having a girl. We went in for a screening ultrasound at around 14 weeks and the doctor told us at first that it looked like a boy, then said he was pretty sure it was a girl. We ended up telling family, but had planned to wait until we had further confirmation at our next appointment until we shared the news w/ everyone else. Well, news traveled a little faster than we expected and before we knew it, there were lots of folks who had heard. I decided that I would blog about having a girl after our next appointment and I would post the ultrasound picture, showing it was a girl, for all to see. That appointment was on 4/22 and much to my disappointment the doctor didn't even give us a picture showing the girl parts. He just said as he was going through the scan, "Still looks like a girl." With no picture, I decided not to blog about it at that time, then we went to Disney, yada yada ya. Well, this past Friday, I was called out. My friend Brandy pointed out that not only had I not blogged about having a girl, I hadn't even blogged about being pregnant. After that I realized, I had not even bought 1 little girly thing for this baby. No pink "I Love Mommy" bib, no butterfly rattle, no "Sweet as Sugar" onesie, nothing, zilch, nada. So on my next Target trip I headed straight to the baby girl section to grab the first little adorable thing that I saw. Well, I found nothing! In the whole Target section I could not find one thing that I wanted to buy. What in the world!?! That couldn't be. So, I went to Marshall's. They always have cute stuff! I went through the entire rack and finally found the most adorable shirt that was too cute to pass up. Only thing is, it's a size 12 months! But hey, at least I've bought her something... Check it out -- Is it cute or what?!?
1 comment:
Yaaaaaayyyyy!
But, um, I do believe she has a 'does this diaper make my butt look big' onesie?' :)
Post a Comment