Sunday, August 7, 2011

Catching up

Obviously, I have a lot of catching up to do on this here website.  And I promise I have not abondoned it -- I've just lowered it's priority.  I'm not sure yet how I'm gonna get everything posted that I want to, but I'll figure it out.  It'll probably be kinda scattered for a while...past events mixed in with current events. 


That's actually not the 'catching up' that I wanted to write about today though.  This weekend I did some catching up with my cousin, Christy, that I had not seen in years!!  I was very close with her and her sisters growing up, but when they moved out of town, I didn't see them as often.  However, the fun, silly, childhood memories that we made together never faded.  She and her family now live near Atlantic Beach, which is where we spent the weekend with my parents.  Thanks to Facebook, we were able to get in touch with each other and made some plans to get together for dinner.  She has 2 boys, 6 & 3,  so Jackson could not have been happier!  The boys had the best time playing together and definitely covered it all, from swimming to fishing to hide and go seek and pirates!  I took a couple of pictures of the kids playing.  Shame on me for not getting one of Christy and me.  I guess that means we have to make plans for another get together!


(And yes, Jackson is totally losing his shorts!)

No comments: