After Jackson’s preschool program, Sean and I took the kids over to Crabtree for a visit with Santa. The lines can get really long, so we hoped that going during the day would be a little quicker. Eh, not so much… We still waited quite a while.
Just like last year, I was totally prepared for Kate to be all you’re crazy if you think I’m sitting on that dude’s lap! So once we were next in line I told Jackson to make sure he took Kate with him. Then when he got the word that it was his turn, he grabbed her hand and she went right along. No questions and very little hesitation. I stood back and waited for her reaction while Sean went around to take pictures.
As she got closer and Jackson hopped up on Santa’s lap, you could tell that she was really assessing the situation. He was very kind and patient, just talking to her and inviting her over.
Once she seemed to be okay with everything, I picked her up and plopped her down. She just stared up at him for the longest time. But she never panicked or squirmed away! I was amazed, b/c she can be very, very clingy!!
And Sean even got this great picture of the two of them with Santa! No 20 bucks for one 5x7 here!!
After Jackson told Santa he wanted a motorcycle like Pa-Jack’s (first I’d heard of that!) he and Kate both got a reindeer hat.
Jackson was really enjoying hanging out w/ Santa, which makes this picture perfect! For a kid who never wants his picture taken, Jackson was all smiles for the camera this time!
No comments:
Post a Comment