I was so excited for Jackson’s Christmas program, and I think he was too, then when it snowed and school was cancelled on the day it was scheduled, I was pretty bummed out. Then, at the very last minute, like at 9:30 Thursday night, we got a call from Ms. Elizabeth letting us know they were going to try to do the program on Friday. Thursday was supposed to have been Jackson’s last day of school before Christmas break, so I was really glad that they worked it out. I know the kids had been working on their songs with Ms. June for quite some time, so the show had to go on!
Their program, Immanuel, God With Us, included all the 3 year old classes. It was amazing to watch that many 3 y/o’s all behaving so well and doing just what they had learned. They sang a few songs, played instruments, and even told the story of Jesus’ birth.
Jackson’s class played the bells during one of their songs. He definitely seemed a little unsure on stage, but he did really good!
Then, when the program was over and the kids were walking off stage, Jackson started waving to me. Awww, how sweet, I thought. Then I realized he wasn’t so much waving to me, but was waving for me. He ended up getting upset and Ms. Faye immediately came over to help him off stage and to me. I still have no idea what happened, but I can imagine that he just got a bit overwhelmed. Poor guy! I felt so bad for him, but it didn’t last long. He got a quick hug and then was running to catch up with the rest of his class.
No comments:
Post a Comment