We had a Dr. Seuss baby shower/party for Matt and Beth last weekend. I got the idea to do a Dr. Seuss theme when I noticed that Beth had registered for a few of his books. I figured it wasn't too baby shower-ish, so it would be perfect for a couples party. Here is the invitation I designed. It wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but I was happy w/ how it turned out!

The weather was warm, but perfect for a summer party! The games were my favorite part -- you know I love me some fun/funny games. The boys in the 'Nipple Bobbin' game was probably my favorite!
Click here to see the slideshow. My narration is easier to read after the jump, too.
Now for a couple of credits --
- I got the idea for the Thing 1/Thing 2 cupcakes when Ashely sent me this post from Kara's Party Ideas. Although I decided piping on the hair with the grass tip would be easier than working with cotton candy.
- A lot of the party pictures were taken on our camera by our friend, Miki. She's a very talented photographer, so I was thrilled when she volunteered to take pictures! There's a great picture of Matt and Beth on her website that she took the afternoon of the shower. It's beautiful!
No comments:
Post a Comment