Friday, September 9, 2011

Are you ready for some football?

The end of summer also marks the beginning of our other favorite season around here -- FOOTBALL! NC State opened the season at home on Saturday against Liberty, so after Molly's party we headed out to Carter Finley for a little tailgating before the 6 o'clock kick-off.
These kids do love them some Don and Jen!  
Kate and Jackson had a couple of other little ones to play with since two of our friends from college also brought their kiddos. 
Me and my girl..
With a late day kick-off, we knew Jackson and especially Kate wouldn't make it through the entire game.  They actually did pretty good though!  Jackson was super excited to see Mr. Wuf and Kate loved all the clapping!  Jackson is working hard on perfecting the Wolfpack hand gesture -- he's got the right idea, just needs a little more practice.  
Look at those two little cuties -- cheering on the Wolfpack!
We decided to head out just before halftime in an attempt to get home before meltdowns erupted. They both had a great time and loved every minute of it!  
One more thing...  Isn't Kate too stinkin' cute?  Guess what?  I made her dress -- all by myself!  It's a pillowcase dress that I've wanted to try forever.  After getting a little confidence boost from a friend on Friday, I decided to grab a yard or so of fabric, some ribbon and rick rack, and try out my sewing skills.    There are tons of tutorials for this type dress all over the web, but I used this one from A Room Somewhere.  I think for my first attempt at a 'wearable' I did pretty good!  We got lots of comments on her dress (and her shoes) all throughout the game, so that made me feel even better about it!  

5 comments:

Teresa said...

They both appear to have enjoyed it very much and I LOVE the dress!!

Tricia said...

I was VERY impressed with Kate's dress, you did a great job!!! She looked ADORABLE, as always.

jhoysi said...

I LOOOVE her dress! So cute!

Red Fred said...

Loved that dress....

Shelly said...

Thanks y'all!