...What's your name?
Well, we have finally made a decision on a name for our little girl...
Kate Finley Ryan
There are no family names in this one, just names that we liked. We have talked about Kate for a long time....long before we were even pregnant again/knew we were having a girl. It wasn't a clear winner right away though. We went back and forth for a while before we decided that Kate would be her name. As for the middle name, we had lots of considerations, but in the end, Finley was the clear winner! I have always liked boy names for girls and since Kate was such a feminine name, I decided to look through a list of boy names. I first narrowed the list down to Irish names, well, since Sean is Irish, and there were way too many names to go through on the full list. I found Finley and really liked it...Sean wasn't as excited right away. Then we realized the name meant "fair warrior" which just sounds really kick-ass for a girl. Then someone reminded us of the NC State correlation -- Carter-FINLEY Stadium! How we didn't think of that right away, I'm not sure?! So, after that it was settled -- we would name our little girl Kate Finley!
We can't wait to meet you, Kate!!
1 comment:
YAY! I'm so glad you've settled on a name, I just LOVE it! =D
Also can't wait to meet Kate!
Post a Comment